Thursday, June 28, 2012

Pinterest and Visual Supports

I'm a complete addict for Pinterest. I will be the first to admit it. I have heard grumblings that's its like a virtual hoarder world. However, I started a "I have done it board" to prove (to myself) that it isn't a waste of time to pin.

I will be pinning this blog post shortly!

I was working on a goal plan for a child who has Autism. One of the goals this summer is to stay and play. She likes other children but just comes up next to them and says "what we doing". To captialize on her interest in the other children, we are trying to engage her in the areas to play so she will stay and play with her peers.

Then I was looking at pinterest on my trusty iphone and lunch and one of the people I follow pinned a link to Pretend Play at the Autism Teacher

Well, I got to work on boardmaker this afternoon and made my own version for dramatic play, and another for outdoor play.

I think these suggestions will be good for all the children. The dramatic play one I included basic suggestions of kissing the doll, or feeding the doll to setting and pouring drinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment