Sunday, March 4, 2012

Inference, Guessing What will happen next?

I'm a Resource Teacher for preschool children.  I want to strengthen the children's ability to follow along with a story.   I wanted to develop a little book to practice at school.   I started with printing out some nursery rhyme in sequence.  The playroom teacher is going to sit down with the children and look at the pictures and guess what is going to happen next.

I found the pictures at this link
Link to Nursery Rhyme Sequencing Printable

I figure they are  going to pick this up fast so I wanted to develop something fun for the class to continue developing this skills.    This is the beginning of my idea.   A little boy that goes on adventures and the kids have to guess what he is going to do.



Should I make a page of what he really does, or is it enough that the children have 2 chances to think of what may happen when a boy sees a puddle?

I found the little boy at peopleclipart.com
Follow the below picture to find this resource.
They have clip art for projects to use at home or in teaching.

People Clipart Images

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Used it in an evaluation lesson to introduce the concept of predicting and "what happens next?", and then used the story "Who will guide my sleigh tonight?" and "turn to talk" with partners, to predict what would happen when Santa chooses animals other than reindeer to pull his sleigh. I used a simple rubric page with pictures to check understanding. A successful lesson, and I thank you for your perfect pictures to help me introduce the concept.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea! Did you complete the book? would love to use with my special ed class!

    ReplyDelete